Are You Facing Issues With Your Old IVR System? Here’s How You Test It
IVR is a complex system that incorporates various technologies, software, and hardware. Each IVR System varies depending on the particular business and their requirements.
Hence there is always a chance for error. While you cannot completely avoid errors all the time, you can always test and improve. And as one of the leading test automation solution providers, we are here to give you insights on when to perform testing and some key considerations while testing.
Let’s get into it.
Situations that require testing:
Typically businesses test their IVR Systems when there is an update. However, it doesn’t hurt to perform regular testing even when there is no new change. Especially with the flexibility of automation, it has now become quick and easy to perform IVR Testing.
Other than that, you can perform tests under various situations, such as
- Implementing a new IVR system
- After an IVR system has been taken offline
- Before peak periods (Eg: holidays or before a big sale)
- Updates based on customer feedback
Why spend your valuable time and resources on testing when you can get experts with the right industry knowledge to do it for you?
IVR Testing is crucial now more than ever:
According to Nextiva, 1 in 3 customers would consider buying from another business after just one instance of poor customer service. And IVR is one of the key components of good customer service. Hence improving customer service is one of the main reasons to perform IVR Testing. But the reason doesn’t end there. Here are some more notable reasons to test your IVR System regularly:
- Complexity – The more complex a system is, the more difficult it is to identify faults. On the surface, it might look like your IVR system is performing normally, but once you dig deeper you will often find flaws that need fixing.
- Connectivity – In a modern omnichannel system, IVR is connected to a wide range of systems. A problem in your IVR setup can have a big impact on other connected technologies, which can affect your brand name.
- Integration – In today’s world, customers are using diverse technologies and devices to access contact channels. And every new evolution comes with a problem. Testing will help you identify those issues and resolve them at the beginning stage.
Consider this while testing your IVR System:
In addition to testing your IVR’s functionality, you should also focus on testing its performance. Here are some key factors to consider when testing your IVR System:
- Waiting times – No one likes to be put on hold for a prolonged time. If a caller contacts the IVR system and chooses to speak to a live agent, how long are they put on hold? Is the waiting time too long? Is there a way you could decrease the waiting by reorganizing the call routing process?
- Clear menu structure – Make sure your IVR system has a clear and concise menu that doesn’t overwhelm the customers with too many options.
- Customer awareness – Are customers aware of what they can do with the IVR system? Do they understand what self-service options are available on the IVR or are they trying to jump straight to a live agent?
While on the surface IVR might seem like a simple technology, it has the power to make or break a brand. It is the bridge that connects your brand to your customers, so make sure to regularly inspect it and fix any dents in there.
Our experts at Bautomate are equipped with the right tools and technologies to provide you with a customized test script that will make IVR Testing easy for you.
Connect with an expert to discuss your options.